Our team's breadth and depth of experience set us apart … we cover all facets of operations that businesses face today.
Founder and CEO, NextGenOpX
- Andy is an industry-leading integrated operations expert. His unique, comprehensive approach is built around an intimate understanding of operations and organisational culture from 40 years’ mining industry experience including senior management roles with major mining companies.
- He led the design and delivery of Rio Tinto’s ground-breaking Operations Centre in Perth, and subsequently developed NextGenOpX’s comprehensive integrated operating model.
- His recent engagements include: the successful design and implementation of a fully integrated operating model for Sasol Mining; the design of Rio Tinto Iron Ore's Future Operating Platform; and the global integration of the Komatsu and Joy Global mining businesses.
- He is the author of a best-selling book titled ‘Don’t Digitise Your Rubbish’, which is the mining industry’s definitive book about integration, and using it as a vehicle for transformative change.
- Werner is the Regional Partner and MD Africa for NextGenOpX, overseeing project delivery of business-wide solutioning projects, integrated operations platform implementation, and PMO services.
- He has 25 years' experience at Anglo American Platinum in both strategic and operational roles, in South Africa and internationally.
- Werner has led various successful strategic turnaround and transformation programmes, which have delivered sustainable cultural change and major value improvement. These have included cross-functional enterprise optimisation, spanning conventional, mechanised, open pit and processing operations.
- He places a particular emphasis on sustainable cultural change and value delivery.
- A systems-thinker, who can translate abstracts and concepts into practical solutions to optimise the business model, and develop programmes that deliver results.
Integrated Ops Lead
- Kobus has 25 years’ experience in mining, predominantly through his extensive underground operational experience gained at various Sasol Mining operations.
- He has a diversity of managerial experience, and has excelled in a variety of executive roles, including Colliery GM, projects, technology and digitisation, business transformation, and integrated operations.
- His breadth and depth of experience have given him the rare ability to hard-wire the right fit-for-purpose operating model into operations, through management routines, integrated planning, integrated scheduling, short interval control processes, data transparency, and analytics.
- Kobus is a passionate believer in the Integrated Operating principles promoted by NextGenOpX, and joined the business after being the client for the fully integrated operating model implementation at Sasol Mining.
Integrated Ops Lead
- Andrew has held senior leadership roles in strategic, operational and commercial areas in North America and Australia with Rio Tinto, driving business strategy and planning, and leading organisation-wide change.
- He has applied his strong financial and commercial background across all parts of business, working in operations, procurement and inbound supply chain, business improvement, sales and marketing, global mergers and acquisitions.
- He has a particular skill in engaging with operational leadership at all levels, to build understanding and ownership for the necessary changes, and coaching them on the journey to transformational change.
- He has worked with NextGenOpX for the past six years, being the North American lead for the Komatsu / Joy Global integration, and the project lead for the Sasol Mining Integrated Operations implementation.
- Dean is a mining expert with over 30 years of experience in surface and underground mining operations, in coal as well as hard rock.
- He has held various leadership and technical roles in addition to executive management in operations, including coal processing, integrated planning, business improvement, major projects, business strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
- This background included 10 years with Ingwe coal, and 10 years with BECSA/BHPB Energy, where he was GM of Khutala Colliery (one of the largest underground mining operations in South Africa), serving on the BECSA executive leadership team.
- He also spent 3 years with Komatsu, working with the Joy Smart Services Centre, focusing on the operational / technical interfaces driving productivity improvement in coal.
- Dean has a highly engaging style at all levels and is passionate about the role that leaders play in evolving the culture and determining the success of organisations.
- Ernst has a strong blend of operational, technical and project experience and has led a wide range of improvement projects for resource companies around the globe.
- He has a strong background in processing, asset management, and new technologies.
- He has been involved in numerous asset-intensive industry change programmes and has a reputation for delivering value with a focus on sustainability.
- Ernst is particularly skilled at assessing and analysing multi-dimensional challenges spanning operational, technical and strategic issues; and synthesising the information to develop integrated and sustainable solutions.
- His in-depth understanding of integrated operations, and his working style with client teams, allow him to leverage the value of his wide experience to deliver value that is currently locked in the interfaces between silos.